Have eyelash retention issues? Here are some great ways to help that..
1- Extensions don’t stick to dirty lashes
- When you have a client that is having poor retention- make sure those puppies are super clean before their fill. I like to have a space in the shop where they can go and clean their lashes before their appointment.
- It’s import to educate your client about keeping their lashes clean- I recommend cleaning their lashes at their first full-set. This helps the client know what it should feel like for when they go and clean them there.
2- The adhesive is drying too fast
- When you see that the lashes are popping off too soon after the fill. It could be because you are not getting the extension on the natural lashes fast enough.
- Adhesive dries at different times, so it’s important to making sure you get one that is good for your speed
3- Not changing out the adhesive during the appointment.
- When you get your adhesive make sure you read about how long you should make a new drop during the appointment.
- Example: With Simply Clear- you should make a new drop every 20-30 mins. Once you dispense a drop, the crystallization process starts. So to keep your adhesive fresh, making a new drop is importan.
- Tip: I like to see how long my appointment is and add up how many 25 mins are in that appointment. Then I go ahead cut that many pieces of paper tape for the new drops. I also write down the time on the tape when I make a new drop. This helps me keep on track.
4- Not a good solid connection
- It’s import to make sure when you are placing the extensions on the natural lash, to have that good solid connection.
- If the base isn’t connected properly, it could have a small lift. When the client brushes the lashes during the 2/3 weeks. The mascara wand could get caught and pop the lash off or worse pull out the natural lash and extension.
5- Adhesive is out of date
- When opening a new bottle of adhesive, I recommend dating that bottle. This helps you keep track of when it goes out of date. Have you ever tried to lash with out of dated adhesive- it doesn’t work!
- If you dont date it or you forgot, and it gets tacky before the 20 mins, the adhesive has crystallized too much in the bottle.
*To help the adhesive to last longer make sure your ‘burping’ the bottle after every drops.